Rosemary and Zinc Oxide Deodorant
The anti-inflammatory properties in rosemary oil are a great addition to this non-toxic deodorant recipe.
1 Tbs La Lune Naturals Zinc Oxide Powder
3 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 Tbs Shea Butter
1 Tbs Beeswax pellets
4 Tbs Arrowroot powder
2 Tbs Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Rosemary Essential Oil
1. Melt beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil (in that order) over medium-low heat; let each ingredient melt almost entirely before adding the next, but don’t scorch the oils. If it smokes, it’s ruined.
2. Turn heat to low. Add baking soda, arrowroot powder, and zinc.
3. Stir over low heat for about 5 minutes to eliminate lumps
4. Add rosemary oil.
5. Let cool 1-2 minutes to pudding consistency, pour into containers.
6. Refrigerate to harden. It should be ready for use in less than an hour, and can be stored at room temperature for a soft, creamy consistency.