Redness in the face is a condition that affects millions of people all over the globe. It’s usually most noticeable on the cheeks and across the nose. This condition can be caused by a number of different things such as allergies, overexposure to the sun, a reaction to cosmetics, lotions, soaps and more. Most of these causes are temporary and will usually clear up on their own when you’re no longer exposed to the source.
However, there are conditions that can cause the face to turn red for long periods of time, such as Rosacea and eczema. If you suffer from either one of these conditions, the home remedies for red face listed below can help reduce the redness and bring back that healthy glow.
- Aloe Vera Gel – The leaves from the Aloe Vera plant contains a jelly-like substance that can help to reduce inflammation and moisturize the skin, which in turn reduces the redness.
- Oatmeal – The natural anti-inflammatory properties found in oatmeal can reduce inflammation that causes redness and it can help hydrate dry skin.
- Cucumbers – Slicing cucumbers and placing the slices on the red areas of your face can create a cool soothing effect that will help reduce the redness.
- Coconut oil – The natural oils found in coconuts will nourish and moisturize the face, reducing the redness and creating a healthy glow.
- Honey – Honey can help reduce inflammation because it contains anti-inflammatory properties. Use the honey to make a facial mask to cover the areas that are red. Apply it to clean dry skin for about thirty minutes then rinse with warm water.
- Proper Diet – A proper diet can help reduce red face by reducing the size of your blood vessels. Some of these foods include nuts, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and berries. Other foods such as citrus fruits, tomatoes, chocolates, pasta and spicy foods have the opposite effect and actually widen the blood vessels increasing blood flow. This causes your face to turn red.
To help reduce the red places on your face, it’s also recommended that you use a non-abrasive face wash, mild soaps and facial products designed for sensitive skin. This will help reduce facial redness due to skin irritation. Avoiding excessive exposure to the sun and hot showers can also help. For those dealing with red blotches on the face and skin, there are a number of treatments available for this condition as well.