Have you heard about this health craze? Although drinking celery juice has been apart of the natural medicine world for centuries it is just starting to become widely known for its healing properties. Drinking celery juice has been known to heal the gut, detoxify the body, reduce inflammation, and aid in weight loss, but what are the benefits of drinking celery juice for your skin?
How to prepare your celery juice:
- Wash your celery stalks (if possible, buy organic)
- Chop up the stalks into smaller pieces for easier processing
- Put them in a blender or juicer
- If you used a blender – strain the juice in a nut milk bag
Important tips to keep in mind:
- It’s important to drink the juice in the morning on an empty stomach
- Your juice should be made fresh but if thats not possible for your schedule no more than 24 hours in advance!
- Wait 15-30 minutes to drink or eat anything after you finished your juice
3 Benefits of drinking celery juice for the skin:
Keeps your skin hydrated:
95% percent of celery is water. Drinking the juice that is extracted from the celery is going to keep your skin hydrated and soft. Also, as an added bonus you are starting of your day already completing most of your daily requirement for water!
Prevents Skin Damage
Celery juice is full of antioxidants. This is going to rid your body of any toxins and prevent your skin cells from getting damaged.
Keeps Your Skin Glowing
The juice is packed with vitamins and minerals that are essential for keeping your skin healthy. It also helps produce collagen! This is the main structural protein that is found in the skin. An increase in collagen can reverse skin aging, reduce cellulite, and give you an overall glowing appearance.
Have you tried drinking celery juice? Let us know your experience in the comments below!