DIY Sunscreen with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera and grapefruit seed extract bring a fresh scent and effectiveness to this DIY sunscreen.
5 Tsp La Lune Naturals Zinc Oxide Powder
1/4 Cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp Beeswax
3 Tbsp natural aloe vera gel
1/2 Cup distilled water
2-3 Capsules of Vitamin E oil (optional)
10 Drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (optional)
1. In a double boiler, gently melt beeswax and oil.
2. Remove them from the heat and add vitamin E and, if you like, essential oils.
3. Put this mixture into a bowl and add zinc oxide powder. Make sure that this bowl is not used for food because it’s not a good idea to ingest zinc oxide. Put this mixture aside.
4. In a small pan, heat the distilled water and the aloe vera gel until just warm.
5. Whisk your oil, beeswax and zinc oxide mixture and slowly add the water and aloe mixture to it.
6. While your mixture is still a liquid pour into your container and let it harden.